Sunday, January 25, 2009

All Creatures...

Last night while I was perusing the thousands of options on Netflix, I found this jewel:

As an animal-loving kid, I had read bits and pieces of James Harriot's books and really enjoyed them. This BBC drama was filmed in the late 1970's and despite its age, I really enjoyed watching a few episodes last night! It's set in 1940's England and the quaint English countryside and the interesting rural characters were a great break from all the modern suspenseful stuff we find ourselves watching. Yes, things are cheesy, and yes it's outdated but I still loved it. It's slow, quirky and yet rather peaceful to watch. Give it a try sometime.

3 comments:

StigIII said...

A movie with interesting characters that is always enjoyable. I have it in my library - great recommendation!

Anonymous said...

Along the same lines as this grouping of vignettes, I like the movie, Moondance Alexander and the story of her and her horse.

Sarah / Blue Garter said...

I love this series! When I'm watching it I like to pretend it's 1978 (overlooking the fact that I wasn't yet born) and it's super exciting that television even comes in color. But mostly I just love the knitwear and the animals, and the actors.