Thursday, November 01, 2007

Rachel Lake

In July I had a lovely camping and hiking trip with my parents and Jenny and her parents. We all stayed at Lake Kachees just off I-90, about an hour east of Seattle.

Here my parents and I are in middle of our huckleberry-blueberry picking walk. Though it was a tiny bit early in the season, we found enough to make GREAT pancakes!


Jenny and I ditched our parents for a day and went up to Rachel Lake. It was a 8 mile, 2000 foot elevation hike that left me quite tired (Especially after all that sitting around in classroom this past year!). But it was really worth it

Here's a photo of the trail. It was gorgeous, trees, boulders, flowering heather and peaks of old snow fields. Here's some Columbine Flowers:





Part way up the steep part of the trail, we came upon this fabulous waterfall! It gave me a really good excuse to take my pack off and rest.



Rachel Lake.









2 comments:

m.d.e. said...

nice pix abs! There are cool things about the PNW yes??

Anonymous said...

Those are mighty nice pics, I wish your dished parents could have kept up with you. Maybe the next time we will.
Ma & Pa