Tuesday, November 13, 2007

September hike: Melakwa Lake

On a whim, Anna and I decided to go for a hike on what we thought might be one of the last sunny Saturdays of the year. We didn't really know where we wanted to go, so decided to head out east on I-90 since that got us out of Seattle and into the mountains the fastest. We ended up getting off at the exit for Denny Creek and parked at the trailhead for Denny Creek/Melakwa Lake just west of the Snoqualmie Pass summit.

The way up was nice, especially since the blueberries and huckleberries were at their peak. Soon our mouths were all blue from tasting them. While the first part of the hike took us under a large overpass of I-90 and from which lots of traffic noise could be heard, we left all remnants of modern life bejomd within 30 minutes or so of beginning.

Melakwa lake was a decent day hike, though not on my top rated list. (Though, as I said before, the blueberries and huckleberries were superb). Here's picture of the lake itself:

Anna and I enjoying the sun and the great outdoors.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous photo of you both! Sending loads of love from across the pond... Zannah x