Monday, July 07, 2008

Introducing my new partner...


in crime, that is. Here's Leo:
He's a German Shepherd- Golden Retriever mix. I think he has something like Newfoundland or St. Bernard in there too. He is big (77 pounds!!) and has a really wide head.
I definitely wasn't planning on getting such a big dog. But he has this quiet, sweet personality and at the shelter he just sort of leaned against my leg and said, "pet me" so I was hooked.
So far he hasn't barked. He does like to shred paper though. So, we learned to keep books out of the backyard (what kind of a place is that to keep books anyway?).
What I know about Leo is that he LOVES to be petted, cuddled and get his belly scratched. He loves people and dogs and to sleep. He's not so sure about traveling in the car, but is willing to keep giving it a try. He sometimes comes when he's called and he loves to go on walks. He's about 2 years old and I can't believe that nobody else wanted him. He's such a sweet dog!
He's been a lot of fun and is doing a good job of keeping me company and entertained so far.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh he's lovely! Bet you're best 'mates' already! It's been ages since I've been in touch - sorry honey. Hope all is going well over there in Seattle...
Love and hugs
Zannah xx