Thursday, January 12, 2006

Here I sit

... at the airfield in Meulaboh! I've finally made it here! After 24 hours flying, 2 days in Singapore... a night in Medan. I'm here! We took a UN flight from Medan and flew over some gorgeous mountains, and landed right by the sea here in northern Sumatra. Even an entire year after the tsunami, I could still see the effects of the giant wave far away from the shore. But it's green again.

When I got off the plane here in Meulaboh, I was greeted by a homemade sign for Starbucks! :-) I guess one can never really get away from it all. :-)

Well, I'll write more later. Thanks for reading this you guys, and email me, I love hearing from ya!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi sister! Thought I would let you know I'm about to start my own thingy like this. Mine is on myspace.com and kayleesol@yahoo.com is how you find me (I think) I don't really know what to do with it yet but here I go!
K

sam said...

Sweet. Welcome to the other side of the world.

Kate said...

You are the coolest chick. You make me laugh, you make me cry, you are better than Cats.
Seriously though, you go, GIRL! I am so impressed that you are teaching STAFF how to teach!! So cool. I love ya and miss ya :)